2.12.15

RefWorks, you are my best friend in the whole world.  Thank you for being you!

I have not posted in a good while because, hey yo, end of the semester!  I feel an ulcer coming on, and my hairs are literally graying by the day.  Also maybe thinning?  Hopefully I can blame that Jason shampoo I got from the devil Whole Foods.  It's the worst, and I need three full pumps before I can get any sort of a lather.  And I get greasy faster than with nearly every shampoo I've used in the past.  I used to be able to wash the hairs every few days.  Not anymore!  Not with this trashy poo!  I used to be able to make a bottle of shampoo last for 6+ months, but being that three pumps is the minimum each shower, it's significantly less.

Why am I babbling on about shampoo and my cursed hair, you ask?  Because I need a break from these damned research assignments.  I will go insane.  I already feel everything falling apart around me and am desperate for a good cry, but being that I am in the library at the moment, it might not be the best time to do this.  I will wait.  Or maybe it will pass.

Back to hair.  As I've lamented since the birth of this blog, I have the worst hair type.  The strands are fine and silky, but I have A LOT of it.  The struggle is real.  I spend way too much time trying to manipulate these stubborn hairs to appear full.  I've spent an enormous amount of money on different products.  Professionals and their attempts and various cuts can't even seem to improve my situation.  When I do get my hair right, it is ON POINT.  Trouble is, it's too much work.  It's a waste of time.  I want effortless.  It flies all over the place, and it lays weird, and well, it appears oily real quickly.  I'm going to try one more thing before I give up completely.  I caved and bought that living proof full shampoo and conditioner which apparently promises that, unlike other volume promising products, doesn't strip the essential oils and builds molecules and will allow me to go several days without washing.  That is key.  I hate washing my hair.  Reviewers that seem to have my awful hair type seem to swear by it, so I'll give it a whirl.  I'm ready to give up though and just feel icky sticky and nasty forevermore.  Let's hope for the best.  I'm also sick of talking about my hair.

But if something good comes out of this, I won't even be bothered by the grays.  I will embrace them!

Oooh!  And OOHHH!  I just got an email that the Museum of Fine Arts Conservation and Collections Management Department wants to interview me on Monday.  WOOT WOOT.  I normally do not announce these things unless they end up successful, so as not to jinx it, but I needed this encouragement right now, and it JUST CAME IN.

And oh man, things are getting unreal.  Just this second, they let me into a class for which I was super waitlisted and for which I assumed I would never get a place.  What is even going on right now!?

Okay, since these things come in threes, please let me beat Nardine in fantasy basketball this week.  Wishful thinking.  Because Steph Curry with the shot.  

No comments: