22.6.15


























I arrived in Tokyo at night, and since I was staying in the Asakusa neighborhood so close to the temples, I first decided to wander around there for a little bit.
























































My fortune was a bad one, so I had to tie it to this here post.














Moomin Cafe.  They took good care of me and made sure I was not feeling lonely.  First they sat Stinky at my table, and then they brought over Moomintroll.



































Claw machines are so much better in Japan. 

Rilakkuma was all over the place.  












Twas raining the night I wandered around Shibuya crossing.  Maps of Tokyo are deceiving.  I did not think it looked far at all to trek from Harajuku to Shibuya.  I suppose it might not be, but being that streets generally are not named or labeled, I got crazy lost and ended up in a neighborhood with actual houses and not high rise buildings along some huge highway.  Getting lost and walking around were two of the things I looked forward to the most in traveling to Tokyo.  Below are several shots I took while exploring empty streets at night...













Tsukiji fish market breakfast.  Umami heaven.  











It took me far too long to find Chingodo (the tanuki shrine). 

Of course I went to a cat cafe.  It was such a peaceful little place high up away from bustling Shinjuku.  It took me forever to find, and none of cats wanted anything to do with me.  Standard.  





See.  Pissed.  




































Bye Tokyo!  See you soon, inshallah!  I'll take more pictures next time because hopefully it won't be in the winter.  

No comments: