12.9.13

It's true that the majority of my music collection---which is vast---often makes me only feel sad when listened to, so much so that I normally have to be in a rather up mood to listen to most of it.  No, it's not like that.  Much of my music is what some would label as happier music, like Nilsson or Van Dyke Parks!  Heck, I wanted to put on Electric Lucifer just now, but I chickened out.  I think Spike Jones might even be unsafe.  Like for most folks out there, it all takes me to the past, and for much of that, I was a sad girl or am saddened by the thought of said past.  I think that maybe 7% of my music is anytime music, that reflects times when I wasn't unhappy or that do not remind me of times that now make me sad.

This was a real downer, by your host.  But it's true!  Now I just need to figure out how to get over this lame-oh-lee-oh dilemma.  

No comments: